Thursday 5 June 2014

Nation of flat-keepers

Shops keep on turning into flats. I tried to keep count, but I lost track. Some are discreet. This one you could walk past and not realise that there was once a shop there. 



Others are more blatant. This place has been a flat for so long that no-one can remember what 'The Cabin' was, but it still looks like someone's camping there and has just chucked curtains up. 


The one below's in front a bus station. It was advertised as being very convenient for public transport. I suppose it is.


This last may be my favourite. It looks like a shop turned into a flat,


but actually there never was a flat there. 


Do you live in one of the ex-shops? Do you know someone who does? 

1 comment:

  1. I used to live above one. My old landlord seems to be responsible for most of the conversions.

    ReplyDelete