Monday 13 February 2012

Green shoots at With Love

I wrote here about hoping that something good would open in the empty shop at number 348 - opposite Ajani's and next to Atlas

And now it's happened. 348 has become a florist, something people have been lamenting the lack of for a while

The new owners are two friendly and helpful women who have painted the shop white, put some pretty stencils up and filled it with fresh flowers.  


There's a line I read years ago, had half-forgotten, and that I've managed to find again (didn't help that I thought it was AS Byatt and it turns out to be Iris Murdoch): 'People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.

So, buy flowers or you'll disappoint aliens.



I bought white roses and red tulips - they're lasting beautifully and Emily the cat approves.


At least, I think she does:


If you're trying to make a cat happy don't buy lilies - they're poisonous for cats. If you're trying to make a person happy then Miss Annie has some sound advice here

Where: 348 Hornsey Road
When: Mon-Fri 9:30 to 5, Saturday 10 to 5.

(Wish they were open late one evening) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Her brother's equally good looking - I'll find an excuse to post a picture of him soon enough.

    ReplyDelete