Thursday 15 December 2011

Libertea

Libertea is on Marlborough Road near Hornsey Road rather than on the echt Hornsey Road, but I like it enough to forgive it for that and for having a name I'm not sure how to pronounce. Liberty? Or Liber-teh-ah?


It's where I'd go if I were trying to write a short story. They do proper Moroccan mint tea and croissants for breakfast. There are books (on that shelf you can just see above and on another small bookshelf) I could read to distract myself and trick writers' block. It's quiet enough on a weekday afternoon that I could commandeer a table in peace and I could watch people come and go.

I should try and write a short story.

                                     

Or I could drink carrot, apple and ginger smoothies or white orchard tea and pretend I did sun salutations every day and never overslept.  And then think sod it and have croque monsieur and apple tart instead. 

                                     

 It's across the road from this:


I must find out more.

Where: 159-163 Marlborough Road N19 4NF
When: Mon-Fri 7.30am to 7.00pm; Sat-Sun 8:30am to 6:30pm
Telephone: 020 7272 5627
Contact: info@liberteacafe.com
Wheelchair access and high chairs

2 comments:

  1. why do neo libs want exotic food on the hornsey road, why not pg tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Superchick.

    PG Tips is good too, as is beans on toast. I don't think it's an either or - and I'm looking forward to reviewing the ace Hamlet Cafe.

    ReplyDelete