Tuesday 29 November 2011

John Hitch Seating

This is a handsome shop. It's sleek and it sells good-looking furniture. If I could afford a new sofa and didn't have two cats I'd love to buy one from them.


           Special seats for London advertising agency: Urban Salon


They do everything from custom-made furniture and grand commissions from grand clients (Heals, BMW and Istanbul Airport among others) to small-scale repairs.


There are no chains on the Hornsey Road. I'm increasingly coming to think that there aren't even any ordinary shops on it. 


The vintage store sells Zambian sculptures, we have a Nigerian jazz place, and John Hitch (which I thought was just an upscale furniture showroom) turns out to be run by people who invent, design and make furniture as well as selling it.


In that spirit, my favorite picture of this business isn't of a piece of furniture, it's of the fabrics that they turn into furniture:



Possibility made into cloth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment