Friday 23 September 2011

Location Location Location playlet

I daydream about being a playwright. It's like my 'being an architect' dream in that I know I'd be no good, but sometimes a setting or a snatch of dialogue is perfect and I forget that. Last week Channel 4 took a trip down unshiny Hornsey Road and this happened:

Setting: flat above a takeaway



Characters: Phil, Courtney Love's future sister in law, and Hipster Couple with £230k





Accidental Playlet: ''The Hornsey Road. I'm sure you're familiar with it''

Kirsty (voiceover): 'Not the prettiest street'.

Phil (voiceover): 'It's not, but it has potential. I just hope they can see it'.

Phil to Hipster couple: 'The Hornsey Road. I'm sure you're familiar with it'.

Hipster couple: 'Yeah'.

Phil: 'I see this as a flat with a plan. Get in here, tart it up, and you can sell it up in three year's time and make some money on the way through'.

Phil (voiceover) 'This sort of plan to get ahead of the market is only possible because of the high demand for these flats in North London. It's not necessarily going to work in most parts of the country'.

Hipster couple: 'We kind of wanted to get off a dirty main road'.

They bought in Turnpike Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment